W3Techs - Disclaimer
W3Techs collects and processes information about the usage of web technologies by applying a number of techniques.
This information may be incomplete and inaccurate due to the vastness and complexity of the matter in hand. These are some of the reasons why:
- In order to obtain any information from websites, we rely on the websites themselves,
their owners or their webmasters to provide such information.
Some websites are more open to sharing this type of information than others.
Some technologies may provide more means to reveal information about their usage than others.
- In some cases, the information provided by websites,
their owners or their webmasters may be wrong. We may not be able to detect all cases of misinformation.
- In some cases, we use heuristics to further interpret the data we collect, in order to better determine the usage of certain technologies.
These heuristics may occasionally lead to wrong conclusions.
- Some technologies may become visible only after user interaction, e.g. after entering a search term in an online form or after user login.
Those technologies may remain undetected, as our analyzer does not execute programs.
- We may not detect technologies if they are used only on some pages of a websites, as we do not analyze each page of a website.
- Our research does not cover all websites, but a significant sample of sites.
- Although, we do make a considerable effort to include all major technologies of the categories that we report, our research does not cover all technologies.
- Although, we do make a considerable effort to keep our data up-to-date, we may not be able to detect changes of technologies instantaneously.
Therefore, some of our data may temporarily represent an earlier status of websites.
- Although, we do apply test processes, the software we use to collect data and to produce the surveys may occasionally have defects,
and thus produce inaccurate results.