Select one of the technologies listed on the left to get the survey on the technology usage statistics.
In any diagram, you can drill down to obtain more details by clicking on a specific technology or technology version.
When interpreting our surveys, you should know the following:
- We investigate technologies of websites, not of individual web pages. If we find a technology on any of the pages, it is considered to be used by the website.
- We include only the top 10 million websites in the statistics in order to limit the impact of domain spammers.
We use website popularity rankings provided by Alexa (an Amazon.com company) using a 3 months average ranking.
Alexa rankings are sometimes considered inaccurate for measuring website traffic, but we find that they serve our purpose of providing a representative sample of established sites very well.
- We do not consider subdomains to be separate websites. For instance, sub1.example.com and sub2.example.com are considered to belong to the same site as example.com.
That means for example, that all the subdomains of blogger.com, wordpress.com and similar sites are counted only as one website.
- We do not include redirected domains. For example, Sun.com redirects to Oracle.com, and is therefore not counted.
- Because our definition of "website" differs a bit from Alexa's definition, the "top 10 million" websites are actually less than 10 million. However, this has no statistical significance.
- Our reports are updated daily.
- Please be aware of the limitations indicated in our disclaimer.
You can find more information about our methodology in the FAQ section.