Technology Provider Partnership
How To Stand Out Of The Crowd
Providers of technologies covered by us may create a special promotion page on our site.
The promotion page can be designed by you and a clearly visible link to this page is inserted in all surveys where your technology appears.
Suppose the technology you provide is US-ASCII (yes, that is unlikely). Then the link in the character encoding surveys would look like this:
Example Site Info
Your link on the site info pages would look like this:
Overview of web technologies used by Irishtimes.com.
The Irish Times – Irish News, Business News, Sports News & Ireland Weather Online
Description on Homepage
Transitional version of XHTML.
XHTML Transitional 1.0
US-ASCII is a 7-bit character encoding system based on the English alphabet.
The Apache HTTP Server is a popular open source web server by the Apache Software Foundation.
Click on the information icon above to see a fictitious example promotion page.
- Your promotion page may be created by you via an easy-to-use online editor. Alternatively we can maintain the page for you.
- The layout of your page will be consistent with the rest of the site.
- Your page is free of advertisements and external links.
- It may contain any product and service description you like, except direct mentioning of competitors.
- It may contain images, e.g. screenshots.
- It may contain links to pages on your site.
- It may have a length of up to 5 screens. We find that extremely long pages resemble typical get-rich-quickly promotions and would reflect badly not only on your reputation, but also on our own.
- It may contain IFrames.
- It will be linked not only from all our surveys where your technology appears, but also from the info pages of all the websites that use your technology. That could be thousands of links.
- The promotion page will be accessible by search engines. Although search engine rules require us to put a rel="nofollow" on your external links,
your regular W3Techs survey page (see US ASCII example)
will get additional exposure in search engines, which will have a positive search ranking effect also on your own site, because the survey contains a regular link to your website.
- Promotion pages have no impact on the surveys, which are based on technology usage only.
We charge according to a performance based fee structure with an upper limit:
- We see our links in the surveys as equivalent to a banner or text link, and we see the promotion page as equivalent to a landing page.
- Based on that, we charge a maximum of 1 Euro per click, that is per visit of the promotion page.
- We charge 1 Euro per click for the first 200 clicks per month.
- We charge 200 Euro per month for 200 or more clicks.
- If your tracking method shows less clicks than ours, we use your values.
- You get one month for free to test the service.
- We reserve the right to renegotiate the upper limit in the future, if monthly visits are much higher than 200.
- If you prefer to have the page maintained by us, there is a 200 Euro set-up fee for the initial design and for a complete redesign, and a charge of 50 Euro per change.
- After the test period, payments have to be made in advance. The minimum initial payment is 200 Euros.
- The performance based monthly fee is deducted from your account.
- The promotion page stops being displayed when the account reaches zero.
- If you decide to cancel the promotion page, unused payments are refunded, minus a cancellation fee of 200 Euros.
- A monthly performance report is available on-line.
Please contact our Sales Representative for any questions or to set up an account.